Wednesday, April 16, 2008

26-28

26. Wit's End by Karen Joy Fowler

I have already talked about this in the posts below, about the reading I went to, but I will say again: very good.

27. Spin State by Chris Moriarty

Great book. I love this kind of hard science book that also looks at relationships and the human implications of our increasingly advanced technology. By that I mean that this book explores artificial intelligence and genetic manipulation, what makes a sentient being human, fear of the unknown, and how people set up artificial lines between us and them. Fascinating stuff.

28. Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx

Okay, this was only 55 pages long, but it was in its own book, and I am way behind pace here! Great story, although very sad of course. I never saw the movie, and I don't think I will. I am sure it is good, too, but so depressing.

No comments: